We seek investment opportunities in the lower middle market. Kirtland has the flexibility to support a wide variety of investment opportunities and can tailor how we structure our capital to best fit the needs of the business owner.
- Tangible growth opportunities either through organic initiatives or acquisitions
- Attractive margin profile for the market served or the potential to achieve attractive margins
- Defensible market position
- Manageable customer concentrations (less than 30% individually/ 50% for the top five customers)
- Preference for strong management teams, but open to situations that require a transition
- Headquartered in the U.S. or Canada
- Revenue greater than $10 million and EBITDA greater than $1.5 million
- Strong gross profit and operating cash flow margins
- Stable to growing historical financial performance (We will consider investment opportunities in underperforming companies, but generally situations where the balance sheet needs a capital infusion rather than a significant turnaround of the core operations)
Interested in learning more about our investment criteria? Please reach out to Jim Foley at firstname.lastname@example.org.